We care about you
Stephanie and her team can give you the confidence to create the space of your dreams.
Take a comfy seat in our consultation area, play around with fabrics and see which colour/pattern combinations spark joy for you. Feel free to get as much or as little help as you feel you need.
- We recommend our wooden furniture for indoor only.
- Do not use chemical-based products. Best cleaned with a warm damp cloth. High grade bees wax can be used on the timber to help from drying out, to help maintain its longevity.
- Any imperfections are part of the beauty of the rattan and a guarantee of genuine hand craftsmanship. Treat this item with care, we recommend for indoor & undercover outdoor use, if used outside keep the rattan out of rain, direct sunlight and covered from the elements.
- Do not use chemical-based products to clean or polish. Best cleaned with a warm damp cloth and a spray of vinegar. High grade bees wax can be used on the rattan to help from drying out and to help maintain its longevity.
With a bit of regular attention, you can keep your roman blinds looking their best.
- First, extend your blinds. Then, using the upholstery brush attachment, vacuum your blinds gently. Never use a regular vacuum attachment as it is too powerful and may loosen the fibres in the fabric. Do this regularly to prevent dust building up.
- For very delicate shades, you can opt for using a microfibre cloth or duster instead of your vacuum. A lint roller is also a good option for removing dust from smooth shades.
- For spills and marks, pat the affected area with a damp cloth as soon as possible. An alcohol wipe or wet one can be useful too. A small amount of dishwashing detergent in water is also excellent for handling stains and spills. Spot or sponge clean with this solution and then rinse.
- Once every 2-3 years you should have your roman blinds professionally cleaned. Check to see whether your dry cleaners performs this service. Alternatively, professional home cleaning services can also come right to your house to clean your blinds- eliminating the trouble of removing any pieces yourself.
There are several ways to clean a fabric lampshade, depending on the delicacy of the fabric and the severity of the marks.
- Try cleaning with a vacuum cleaner, with a soft brush attachment or blowing with a hair dryer on a cold setting. A microfibre cloth or lint roller can also be effective for removing dust.
- Treat isolated marks with an alcohol wipe or wet one.
- Ask your dry cleaner whether cleaning lampshades is part of their service.
- Fabric stain protection (Scotchguarding) is included in the price of all our custom furniture, including bedheads and ottomans.
- Vacuum the fabric regularly to remove dust.
- Treat spills immediately, before they penetrate the fibres; dab lightly with a clean, dry cloth. If necessary, dab (do not rub) with alcohol wipes.
- Have your upholstery professionally cleaned and re-treated with Scotchgard every three to five years.
Leather & Cowhide
We use both natural & dyed leathers, being a natural product, it does mean that no two pieces of leather are exactly alike. There may be subtle differences, natural markings, scars, rubs or grazes from the cow.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and or heating sources. Leather will naturally fade over time, sun will fasten this process.
- Do not use any acids, solvents, cleaning products, bleach, polish removers or any other chemicals
- We recommend only using a soft cloth and water to clean. The cloth should be damp not wet. Do not rub the leather just softly wipe. Indoor use only.
Woven Wooden Blinds
Our woven wooden blinds are manufactured from high quality components and fabrics and the maintenance of manual blinds is generally confined to vacuuming with a soft brush or blowing with a hair dryer on cold setting.
In the case of marks on fabrics a white or clear pencil eraser should remove most marks. In some more severe instances a soft nail brush with warm water with mild detergent may be better.
Wooden blinds should be kept dust free and not allowed to get wet.
We recommend handwashing our cushion covers. Do not machine wash and do not attempt to clean the feather inserts. When putting the inserts back in, make sure all four corners are in place. Feather filled cushions require regular ‘plumping’ n order to look their best.
Terms of Service
Ordering & Payments
- Payments at Layered Home may be made by cash, eftpos or credit card. Custom orders may be paid by direct deposit, the details of which are on our invoices.
- Our custom orders require a 30% non-refundable deposit. The remaining amount is required to be paid before receiving your item/s.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Certain products may only be available in limited quantities.
- We also reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales and/or quantities of our products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case by case basis.
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to discontinue any product.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that your custom-made pieces arrive to you on time, ultimately this lies in the hands of our makers/manufacturers. Having a piece custom made carries a two-part lead time.
- Firstly, the fabric is ordered and sent to the maker
- The piece is then manufactured and sent to you.
Fabric lead times vary enormously, depending on whether they are being freighted locally, from overseas, or made to order.
These are a guideline for our lead times:
Sofas and Armchairs: 5 to 6 weeks
Bedheads: 4 to 5 weeks
Ottomans: 4 to 5 weeks
Cushions and Lampshades: 3 to 4 weeks.
- Smaller custom-made pieces are delivered to our store and may be picked up, once full payment has been made.
- Larger pieces of furniture, either being bought straight from our store or custom-made from you are delivered to your home. In these cases we are required to give your details to our delivery companies so they can arrange a time for delivery. Someone is required to be home for these deliveries. If a delivery arrives, on time and no-one is home, the customer is required to pay the re-delivery fee.
- Delivery of all furniture is free of cost to the customer, unless it is more than 20km from the Layered Home store, in which case a delivery surcharge of $50 shall be added to the cost of goods.
Returns / Exchanges
At Layered Home we want you to be pleased with your purchase. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied, you may return the items, within 7 days of your original purchase, for an exchange or refund or your original method of payment.
The item must be in ‘as new’ condition, including packaging. We are always happy to exchange an item if the product and packaging is in an “as new” condition.
No exchanges or refunds are given on any layby orders or custom-made merchandise.
Unfortunately, we cannot exchange or replace sale merchandise. All sale items are final.
Damaged / Faulty goods
As Layered Home prides itself on sourcing unique global pieces that can be of antique origin, some pieces are not perfect and will have patina and individual characteristics. Our stonewashed linens do not have consistent colourings and our hand block printed fabrics also have imperfections.
Our main manufacturer of upholstered furniture offers a 10-year structure guarantee subject to domestic use. This guarantee covers furniture proved to be defective by reason of faulty workmanship or structure, excluding damage due to careless using or unauthorized tampering. This guarantee excludes fabrics.
We will not refund or replace a product that you have bought and received where, in our reasonable opinion, the product has: become of unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear; misuse; failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions; using it in an abnormal way; or failure to take reasonable care.
Our custom-made furniture is delivered directly from our manufacturers to your home. In the unlikely event that your item arrives damaged or faulty, please notify Layered Home within 48 hours of receiving the item/s. You can ring us on 02 4031 8311 or email at email@example.com.
You may be required to send us images of the damage for further assessment. We will give you the option to arrange a replacement for part/whole of the item or provide you with a store credit or a refund. Please do not attempt to return the items before speaking to someone at Layered Home.
Any damage detected after this 48 hour period will not be considered so we suggest carefully assessing items of furniture as soon as they are delivered.
Layered Home is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who shops or interacts with us, and this policy sets out our commitment to you. We take this responsibility seriously and ensure that we comply with our obligations under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 whenever your personal information is collected, used or shared.
Layered Home may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- merchandise information
Layered Home will:
- always use fair and lawful means of collecting your information, and in most circumstances collect your information directly from you;
- handle your information securely and carefully, and only use your information, if necessary, to deliver you a service or perform other necessary business functions and activities;
- not use your information for purposes unrelated to our services without first obtaining your consent; and
- wherever possible give you the option of interacting anonymously with us, if practicable and lawful to do so.
Layered Home will not sell your information to other parties.
Where we store your information, Layered Home will take all reasonable steps to store your information securely and to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information. In the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website.
Any information that we no longer require is destroyed. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else.
If you do not wish to be contacted by Layered Home (about special offers, discounts, other promotional events or to participate in any surveys), you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website contains material which is owned by Layered Home. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, appearance and graphics.
Any reproduction or redistribution of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the prior written consent of Layered Home.
M: HOME STYLING BY APPOINTMENT
58 Glebe Rd, The Junction NSW 2291, Australia
© 2019 Layered Home